The content of numerous vitamins and minerals in onions makes them widely in demand not only in cooking, where practically no dish can be prepared without a vegetable. In demand in the garden, where the husk is used as fertilizer and of course in folk medicine. Onions are rich in:
- vitamin C, of which there is a large amount. It is due to this vitamin that collagen is produced in the human body, that is, rejuvenation and regeneration of cells and organs occurs;
- vitamin A, thanks to which the human immune system exists. If you periodically eat raw onions, your vision and nervous system will be restored, and nursing mothers will not have problems with milk;
- vitamin B1, which ensures proper metabolism. Although they say that nerve cells are not restored, it is this vitamin that is responsible for the formation and renewal of cells in the nervous system;
- vitamin B2, which is involved in the processes of hematopoiesis and the functioning of the adrenal glands, as well as performing the protective function of the visual organs from exposure to ultraviolet rays;
- vitamin B9, which contributes to the absorption of proteins, as well as the formation of DNA and the nervous system of the fetus during pregnancy;
- vitamin E, which renews all body systems and protects it from external harmful influences;
- vitamin PP, which is responsible for the normal content of sugar and cholesterol in the body.